Originally from Atlanta, Eric moved to Panama City in 1991 and has called it home since. After high school, he enlisted in the United States Marines Corps. After serving in the Marines, Eric began to work as a police officer in the Panama City area. He worked as a full-time police officer from 2005 until 2011 and has remained a reserve officer from that time until the present.
During Eric’s time as a police officer, he served in many roles and positions beyond that of entry level patrol functions. Eric specialized in traffic related offenses and investigation. He taught DUI detection techniques to officers old and new alike and also served as a traffic homicide investigator. While serving as a police officer Eric investigated thousands of traffic crashes ranging from minor fender benders to those involving serious bodily injury and death. Beyond his specialty in traffic related offenses and investigations, Eric was a training officer responsible for the instruction of new recruits to the police force.
While completing his undergraduate studies, Eric served as an expert witness to many local attorneys in DUI defense, traffic crash analysis, and police procedure. After finishing undergraduate studies he enrolled in Faulkner University’s Thomas Goode Jones School of Law.
While attending law school Eric focused his studies and efforts 100% on civil litigation. He was chosen to be on the schools traveling competition trial team and represented Faulkner Law at the Capital City Classic in Washington D.C. in 2015. Eric served as the president of Faulkner’s American Association of Justice student chapter. Eric also served on the Board of Advocates, an invitation-only group of students focused on honing litigation skills.
Eric is an active member of the Florida Justice Association, an organization that focuses on developing trial skills and protecting the rights of every Florida citizen. The skills that he built over his career in law enforcement and as an expert witness allow him to view cases through the lens of an investigator, not just an attorney.
- Juris Doctor (2016) – Faulkner University, Thomas Goode Jones School of Law
- Bachelor of Sciences, Magna Cum Laude (2013) – The Florida State University
- Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Notary Public
- The Garmon Law Firm, PLLC (Aug 2017 – Present)
- Owner /Attorney at Law
- Perry & Young, P.A. (Feb 2017 – Aug 2017)
- Associate Attorney
- Perry & Young, P.A. (May 2014 – Feb 2017)
- Law Clerk
- Law Enforcement Officer (October 2005 – Present)
- Parker Police Department
- Panama City Beach Police Department
- Panama City Police Department
- Bay County Sheriff’s Office
- Bay County Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Florida Justice Association
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association
Community Involvement and Organizations:
- Rotary Club of Panama City Beach – Treasurer
- First Saturday Legal Clinic – Regular Volunteer
- Panama City Rescue Mission – Development Council